This agreement contains the complete terms of service and conditions that apply to your participation as a member of the Weglot Affiliate Program. Please read it carefully before applying.
1. Approval or Rejection of the Application
We reserve the right to approve or reject ANY Affiliate Program Application in our sole and absolute discretion.
We may cancel your application if we determine that your site is unsuitable for our Program.
You will have no legal recourse against us for the rejection of your Affiliate Program Application.
2. Commissions and Payout
Commissions will be paid once a month, the 21th of the month following the transaction (or the next closest business day). For an Affiliate to receive a commission, the referred account must remain active for a minimum of 30 days.
You cannot refer yourself, and you will not receive a commission on your own accounts. There is also a limit of one commission per referral. If someone clicks the link on your site and orders multiple accounts, then you will receive a commission on the first order only.
Payments will only be sent for transactions that have been successfully completed. Transactions that result in chargebacks or refunds will not be paid out.
Your affiliate application and status in the Program may be suspended or terminated for any of the following reasons:
- Inappropriate advertisements (false claims, misleading hyperlinks, etc.).
- Spamming (mass email, mass newsgroup posting, etc.).
- Advertising on sites containing or promoting illegal activities.
- Failure to disclose the affiliate relationship for any promotion that qualifies as an endorsement under existing Federal Trade Commission guidelines and regulations, or any applicable state laws.
- Violation of intellectual property rights. Weglot reserves the right to require license agreements from those who employ trademarks of Weglot in order to protect our intellectual property rights.
- Offering rebates, coupons, or other form of promised kick-backs from your affiliate commission as an incentive.
- Using paid ad networks (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, …) to advertise your affiliate links
- Self referrals, fraudulent transactions, suspected Affiliate fraud.
- In addition to the foregoing, Weglot reserves the right to terminate any Affiliate account at any time, for any violations of this Agreement or no reason.
Sites that contain content that could be classified as defamatory, harassing, harmful, obscene, racially objectionable, or unlawful.
Sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites.
4. Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for 60 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase Weglot, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one he originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser).
- The customer purchases after 60 days (because the cookie will expire).
5. Affiliate Links
You may use graphic and text links both on your website and within in your email messages.
You may use the graphics and text provided by us, or you may create your own as long as they are deemed appropriate according to the conditions.
Link may only be visually modified with our consent.
6. Refunded purchases
Referrals older than 15 days and in good standing will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason.
Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
7. Coupon and Deal Sites
Weglot may offer coupon to select affiliates. If you’re not pre-approved / assigned a branded coupon, then you’re not allowed to promote the coupon. Below are the terms that apply for any affiliate who is considering the promotion of our products in relation to a deal or coupon:
- Affiliates may not use misleading text on affiliate links, buttons or images to imply that anything besides currently authorized deals to the specific affiliate.
- Affiliates may not bid on Weglot Coupons, Weglot Discounts or other phrases implying coupons are available.
- Affiliates may not generate pop-ups, pop-unders, iframes, frames, or any other seen or unseen actions that set affiliate cookies unless the user has expressed a clear and explicit interest in activating a specific saving by clicking on a clearly marked link, button or image for that particular coupon or deal. Your link must send the visitor to the merchant site.
- User must be able to see coupon/deal/savings information and details before an affiliate cookie is set (i.e. “click here to see coupons and open a window to merchant site” is NOT allowed).
- Affiliate sites may not have “Click for (or to see) Deal/Coupon” or any variation, when there are no coupons or deals available, and the click opens the merchant site or sets a cookie. Affiliates with such text on the merchant landing page will be removed from the program immediately.
8. Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application.
This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote Weglot and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
9. Dormant affiliate accounts
An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period and will be then temporarily deactivated.
Weglot does encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote Weglot to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote Weglot, please let us know.
10. Terms of the Agreement
The term of this Agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your Affiliate Program application.
Weglot may modify the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time.
Weglot may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause.
Your continuing participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of any change.
Affiliate GDPR addendum
This Affiliate GDPR Addendum (“GDPR Addendum”) is part of WEGLOT’s Affiliate Program Terms of Service Agreement. It is entered into by and between the Affiliate (“You”) and WEGLOT (“We” and “Us”) as of the same date as the Affiliate Program Terms of Service Agreement.
1. Subject matter
The purpose of this GDPR Addendum is to secure compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (“GDPR”) and Directive 2002/58/CE (“ePrivacy Directive”) in the context of WEGLOT’s Affiliate Program.
For the Affiliate Program to be executed between You and WEGLOT, We need to be able to single out visitors who come to our website weglot.com through your own referral links; it is especially crucial to determine the amount of the commission You are entitled to receive under the Affiliate Program.
This is achieved by placing a WEGLOT proprietary cookie (“Affiliation Cookie”) on the visitor’s device whenever they click on one of your referral links.
As any other cookie, the Affiliation Cookie is subject to specific requirements under the ePrivacy Directive. Also, to the extent that it allows for identification of the visitor, the Affiliation Cookie is subject to personal data regulations embodied in the GDPR.
Liabilities under the ePrivacy Directive and the GDPR in relation to the Affiliation Cookie are shared between You and Us, as clarified herein.
2. Roles and qualifications
To the extent that You and We both take advantage in the execution of the Affiliation Program and exercise control over the placing of the Affiliation Cookie, You and We are both joint controllers in the sense of Article 4.7 of GDPR.
- You qualify as a data controller in relation to the Affiliation Cookie as (i) You freely decide whether to place referral links on your website/application and where to place them, (ii) You are in a direct relationship with visitors on your website/application and responsible for informing them about privacy aspects relating to that website/application, and (iii) You ultimately benefit from the Affiliation Cookie in accordance with the Affiliate Program Terms of Service Agreement.
- We also qualify as a data controller in relation to the Affiliation Cookie because (i) We designed the Affiliation Cookie and chose to use that technology in the context of the Affiliate Program and (ii) We benefit from the Affiliation Cookie and more generally the Affiliate Program.
In such a situation, Article 26 GDPR obliges joint controllers (You and We) to secure privacy aspects through a dedicated agreement, by allocating the respective responsibilities between them. Articles 3 to 6 hereunder do so taking into consideration our respective position vis-à-vis your visitors.
3. Information and consent
As the owner of your website/application, You are responsible for informing your visitors in relation to (i) the placing of the Affiliation Cookie on their device and (ii) obtaining valid consent from said visitors’ for the placing of the Affiliation Cookie on their device.To that end, You are required to follow the following procedure (“Cookie Consent Procedure”) designed by WEGLOT in view of applicable requirements set forth by GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive:
- When accessing your website/application or at the very latest when clicking on a referral link, visitors must be presented with a notice including the following language: “This website/application uses a cookie provided by our partner WEGLOT to identify new customers of WEGLOT’s services and reward us for the referral. If you accept, the cookie will be stored on your device for 60 days to identify you as a new customer should you decide to subscribe WEGLOT’s services. Information collected through the cookie is personal data and will be accessible by WEGLOT only.”
- The notice must contain three clickable buttons labelled “I accept”, “I refuse” and “More information here”. The Affiliation Cookie must not be placed on the visitor’s device before they click on the “I accept” button. If the visitor clicks on the “I refuse button”, the Affiliation Cookie cannot be placed on their device.
- Should your website/application already contain a notice regarding cookies/tracking technologies, the notice above may be included in that other notice provided that (i) the language quoted above is reproduced exactly, (ii) the visitor is able to distinguish the Affiliation Cookie from other cookies/tracking technologies used on your website/application and (iii) the visitor understands that they are able to accept the placing of the Affiliation Cookie in a separate manner as mentioned in d. above.
- You must retain a proof that each visitor actually clicked on the “I accept” button prior to the placing of the Affiliation Cookie on their device, e.g. by retaining a log in your databases.
- You must not (i) present the notice above in an incomplete, deceptive, biased or otherwise unlawful manner so that visitors feel they have no right to refuse the placing of the Affiliation Cookie, (ii) declare or imply that visitors who accept the placing of the Affiliation Cookie will be entitled to benefits or other financial or non-financial advantages, (iii) make access to your website/application or to one of its essential features conditional on the visitor’s acceptance of the placing of the Affiliation Cookie.
We reserve the right to refuse paying commissions under the Affiliate Program and/or terminate the Affiliate Program Terms of Service Agreement with You should We find that the Cookie Consent Procedure is not applied on your website/application.
The Cookie Consent Procedure is mandatory as it ensures that each visitor’s consent for the placing of the Affiliation Cookie is collected in a way that complies with GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive.
4. Processing of personal data
Information collected through the Affiliation Cookie is personal data. It shall not be accessible to You and will be used by WEGLOT to identify visitors eligible under the Affiliate Program.
We will take care of ensuring that this processing of personal data complies with GDPR especially in terms of data security and confidentiality, answering data subjects’ requests for exercise of their rights and erasing said personal data as needed.
We may ask You to assist Us in ensuring such compliance e.g. when We are required to demonstrate that a given visitor actually consented to the placing of the Affiliation Cookie on their device; in such cases, You commit to promptly cooperate with Us and provide Us with due assistance especially as per Article 5 below.
5. Audit and information
You commit to promptly provide Us with complete information regarding application of the Cookie Consent Procedure and valid proof of each visitor’s decision in relation to the placing of the Affiliation Cookie (especially when they consented).
Such information may include, as appropriate, complete, up-to-date logs of your website/application, to establish whether, when and with what IP address a given visitor clicked on the “I accept” or the “I refuse” button.
As necessary, You agree that We may perform audits of your website/application and related databases and servers to help Us comply with our own GDPR obligations.
You commit to hold WEGLOT harmless of all damages and consequences, including (but not limited to) sanctions and penalties issued by any competent authority or jurisdiction, should You (i) not comply with the Cookie Consent Procedure above, (ii) place the Affiliation Cookie without a visitor’s valid consent as per GDPR and/or the ePrivacy Directive, or (iii) otherwise not comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations in the context of the Affiliate Program.
By entering the Affiliate Program Terms of Service Agreement, you automatically accept to enter into this GDPR Addendum.